New Service Developments
As part of our Company development plan we are currently in the process of developing our purpose built Specialist Community Step down/Rehabilitation service. This service will be a Nurse led service based in the Doncaster area, and will be able to provide accommodation for up to 16 service users.
The first stage of this development is expected to be ready to accept referrals from the summer of 2012.
The service will provide care for individuals with a learning disability who have additional needs that may include:
- Mental health needs and associated disorders which may have required a period of hospital treatment, but who have responded to treatment and are assessed as ready to progress to a community placement that will provide a period of intensive support.
- A forensic background that has required a period of detention under the Mental Health Act but who have now been assessed as requiring a community step down/rehabilitation placement that will provide continuing intensive support.
- Complex needs and behaviours that challenge services and/or that put the individual or others at risk which cannot be managed in their current placement and require a more structured staff intensive service.
The service will be managed by a Registered Learning Disability Nurse with proven experience of managing services. The service will provide a staff intensive approach that is person centred and promotes personal growth and development, staff teams will include RNLD nurses leading a team of support workers trained in the needs of the service users.
Service users will:
- Have individual care packages and risk assessments based on a comprehensive assessment of need that provides systemic and continuous support.
- Follow a progressive model of care that is outcome focused.
- Be supported in the local community promoting a more independent meaningful lifestyle that encourages social inclusion.
- Have an individual daily structured activity programme that is risk assessed to meet individual need, and will be inclusive of both occupational and leisure activities.
- Be supported with all identified therapeutic interventions.
- Have care delivered in a safe and supportive environment that encourages personal development.
- Have regular reviews of their progress towards the longer term goal of more independent living.
We believe each service user should be supported to continue along a pathway that will enable them to reach their maximum potential. We see our Community Step down/Rehabilitation Service as being able to offer each service user the opportunity to develop and progress towards this goal, providing that important stepping stone towards a more independent lifestyle.
||Proposed plans (PDF)
||OS and Block plan